1. AdrianRacho and Raph Almeda both made it to the official list. Modeling industry observers are watching with glee as the two guys, who have been the subjects of constant comparison – Adrian as the former talent and Raph as the current ward of a known talent manager – battle it out for the top spot.
2. Sassan Shokouhi also made it. The tallest in the batch at 6’3″, this will be the first competition for the 22-year-old Filipino-Iranian model. Also in the batch is Ginoong Pilipinas 2007 runner-up Harold Oide, at 5’9″ or thereabouts.
3. One familiar face stood out: Eric Eleazar [first photo, third from left] who’s tanner and buffer this time around. Standing next to Eric in the first photo is recent Hataw Super Bodies 2008 contestant Suzuki Aragon,now sporting a different name: Piko Suzuki. Also in the first photo on the rightmost part is veteran bikini open contestant Marvin Miranda, who also made it to the official list.
4. Nico Deyro [third photo, sitting rightmost] surprisingly made it to the official selection. He is the shortest in the group,at 5’7″.
5. Jonas Cabuay [third photo, standing second from left] ex-candidate of Sta.Lucia’s Sexy Bodies 2008 is also in the circle, along with ex-Mr. Philippines 2007 finalist Jobo Roa [third photo, standing third from right], and Carlo Guevara‘s best friend Harvey Cruz [third photo, standing center].
6. There’s an interesting newcomer [between nos. 16 and 18 in the second photo] who made it to the list – Mario Zamboni. He is muscled, mestizo [probably German in origin] and with long tresses. Someone to watch out for.
7. And the best part of the screening was how the sleazebag talent manager made a riotous scene, trying to enter the screening room to railroad his ward’s entry into the official list. He is known in this site as The-One-Who-Posts-Comments-Passionately-In-Capital-Letters or simply, JP. Of course, the decent and well-meaning organizers put him in his place: he was not allowed entry and his ward – a lanky guy who won a male contest recently at Metro Bar courtesy of his manager [of course], was shut out from the official list. Now, it’s back to seedy shows for the manager.